Anachronous News

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Eyvisl Yngling .

• Author
    Replies
    Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

Let’s do something for Midsummer! Need help with ideas please. Also, we need to pick a location.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

I want to give a big thanks to Mangas Cochise for content contributions to AHF. Mangas is the biggest contributor so far & we are so grateful!! Mangas Cochise is the Member of the Year in my opinion.
    @mangascochise

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

We are so excited about where we are with AHF! It is time for all of us to reach out to AWers we know & all history geeks like us. Lets get this party started! Thanks to all of you for helping fill this site out and warm it up.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

It’s live! Anachronous.net. Once we get enough people on here we can split my brannigandraic.com site from the anachronous.net and begin memberships (for the newer members, not you Founders here already). We will keep this extremely cheap for those new members… if we ever get any. :/ I’m struggling to find a way to get people here. This site is looking great and has reached full functionality, we are ready.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

We’ve been getting membership requests daily but… each and every single one has been bogus. This site has continuously been under attack, no joke. Dozens of people try to log-in or even hack their way in, most are from Russia, Ukraine, N.Korea. I can’t even count how many attacks I’ve stopped. This isn’t paranoia, this is real stuff!

Cidwm Silures
    Forum Editor
    @cidwmsilure

The Bardic College is reopened

Mangas Cochise
    Forum Editor
    @mangascochise

“The amount of progress in the last couple of days is nothing short of amazing. Most of it is back-end (server-side) stuff but it adds to the functionality & usability for users. Please let us know if you are willing to volunteer to write up for hoods let us know. BTW, they have to be done a certain way.”

Send info, I’ll write hoods to spec.  ATM in the Americas.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

@cidwmsilure You now have the access to post whatever you want. Let me know if you need a Welsh city to do it in, for example.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

IMPORTANT: The ferocity of hacks and bots from (specifically) Russia & Ukraine has been brutal. If you recommend anyone to join us gimme a heads-up if you can. I may not be able to contribute as much content while dealing with this. If I am not available then @pohjantahti, @anarane can reach me 24/7/365.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

The amount of progress in the last couple of days is nothing short of amazing. Most of it is back-end (server-side) stuff but it adds to the functionality & usability for users. Please let us know if you are willing to volunteer to write up for hoods let us know. BTW, they have to be done a certain way.

Poh
    Forum Editor
    @pohjantahti

Need to test your style coding in a forum or topic? Introducing the ARCTIC TESTING FACILITY! A miracle in modern safety & technology… not really. It’s just so we don’t all go make a mess of things when we are experimenting. 😉 This is a WordPress site, coding is different in here. Coding that worked on AW or Pan won’t necessarily work here, so test away! 👍

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

ALSO, please let me know if you want additional forum structure (Regions, Realms, Kingdoms, …) for different areas below (or different than) what has been made so far. For example, in order to make The BlueDragon Inn & Tavern, we had to make a few (currently still blank) forums first. We had “The Western Isles>Eire (Ireland)>Leinster>” & THEN we were able to place the BlueDragon Topic in that Forum. SO, please let us know what you want to see. We do NOT have to do the write-ups first! The structure is what happens until we do the write-ups.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

Since we are just a skeleton crew I’ve decided to remove the categorization option for groups. Until we have a rich & vibrant community here, I am going to keep the focus “on-the-boards” as it were. I would prefer all activity be out in the open for now to show a higher level of activity than may otherwise be apparent if hidden in groups.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

Well, here we go again. Atavistics is now Anachronous & is taking shape! Stay tuned.

Please login logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Skip to toolbar