Around the fire at Ynglinghall

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bodil .

• Author
    Replies
    Bodil
    Participant
    @bodil

I most certainly do Talon. Sit by the fire, my staff will take care of your horse.

@ranger

@bodil

Talon
    Forum Moderator
    @ranger

I’m Talon. Have you any food for a weary traveler?

Talon
    Forum Moderator
    @ranger

A short elderly woman emerges from one of the doors and flinches when seeing me. She warmly greets me in Svealandr tongue. “Välkommen främling! Vad kan jag hjälpa dig med?” (Welcome stranger! What can I do for you?) She is obviously good people, “I’m only here to seek the service of Lord Eyvisl and to rest my horse. May I sleep in the stables?” She responds to my Angle”s tongue with no accent at all. “You are welcome here traveler, you need food, as does your horse. My name is Bodil, what is yours?”

Talon
    Forum Moderator
    @ranger

A long day riding, my horse is exhausted & thirsty. I come upon a large great-hall made of stone. The dis-repaired thatched roof shows that there are stone shingles or tiles beneath. This is a fortress. The few windows are made for archers, not for sunlight. This looks like a family home though, Chickens scurry under foot, the goat shit stinks & the horses and sheep run free. Dogs run around the herds & flocks fending predators.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

Drengr! Make the fire bigger please. More food and mead as well.

Please login logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Skip to toolbar