BlueDragon Inn & Tavern – Home of Mogh

anachronous history forums EUROPE THE WESTERN ISLES Eire (Ireland) Laighin (Leinster) BlueDragon Inn & Tavern – Home of Mogh

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Beric .

• Creator
    Topic

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

Welcome to The BlueDragon! What’re ya drinkin’?

MENU

DRINKS

HORN OF MOGH ROITH’S (pron. “mo Ree”) HOUSE ALE – probably free refills

Use code below to show the Mogh’s House Ale pic in your reply. *Control(+)a & then Control(+)c to copy the code. Control(+)v to paste it!

MUG O’ MEAD – probably free refills

LOCH DUBH SCOTTISH SINGLE MALT – probably free refills

POH’s SAHTI ALE (Finnish) – probably free refills
    Sahti beer at the Tavern! photo PohsSahti.jpg
    Use code below to show the Sahti Ale pic in your reply. *Control(+)a & then Control(+)c to copy the code. Control(+)v to paste it!

FOOD

TINY BIT STALE CRISPBREAD – probably on the house

PRETTY SURE IT’S MY NEIGHBORS GOAT (might be his dog because I was really drunk & it hasn’t barked today, finally) – probably free since I’m not sure if it is a goat or dog – NO free refills, this shit is good.

ROAST MUTTON PLATTER – slow-cooked over open fire, shave-cut & served w/ carrots, potatoes, onions & the House crispbread.

This ol’ place has sailed from one site to another over the years (15+/-?). Some of you will recognize some of the people that haunted the first couple of incarnations.

Let’s hope AW will come back.

forums + members + recent-activity

• Author
    Replies
    Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Thank you, last evening was fun, I have several relations in America, sadly we have lost contact, when USAF Bentwaters & RAF Woodbridge were in full swing, many of the service people use to relax around the Halesworth area.

I got to know quite a few, through a mutual friend, those who chose not to live on the Base, lived around the Woodbridge area, so seeing large American cars was on a daily basis, as for your President, I do understand, sadly he is both a business & media personality.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

Please make sure to ask the RAF to drop our “President” off at cruising altitude, for America’s sake. Just wishful thinking.

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Thank you Eyvisl, Glen Finnan’s my favourite, going to sign off now, and thank you for setting this up, greatly appreciated. Bye for now dear friend, not a party popper, but’s it’s 2 a.m in the UK.

In the Eighties, USAF Bentwaters, near Woodbridge, where the alien close encounter happened is only 10 miles, from Bramfield, Suffolk, Dunwich is only 4 miles away. Thank you again Telon, Poh & Eyvisl.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

LOCH DUBH SCOTTISH SINGLE MALT is probably the strongest thing on AHF birthday boy. You can actually find that in RL, I recommend it!

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Sorry, that was meant to be ‘clitch’ instead of cliché.

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

That sahti was strong, should we do something more for those Romans ?

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Let me tell you a little about myself, more ale, please.

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Sorry there was a cliché on my side Poh, but thank you for the offer of a sahti, much appreciated, I always enjoyed your posts on AW. And Mogh’s.

Talon
    Forum Moderator
    @ranger

I don’t know you yet but I am very glad that you are here Beric. You have already written so much that is wonderfully informative and interesting as can be! Thank you for being here sir.

Beric
    Forum Editor
    @beric

Hello to you both. Its been a great day, my wife Carolyn has gone to bed, but I can still party.

Poh
    Forum Editor
    @pohjantahti

Second round is on me! This is some of my Sahti type ale for ya birthday.

Sahti beer at the Tavern! photo PohsSahti.jpg

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

Happy birthday to Beric! 1st rounds on me! Do not take that literally, I do not want to have to wash my furs again.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

I think I’m going for the “Pretty sure it’s my neighbor’s goat but I was really drunk” dish. BTW, I’ll need a lot of ale to make this go down… but it actually smells really good.

Mangas Cochise
    Forum Editor
    @mangascochise

I like what’s been created here these few days.

I am going to be snowed under tomorrow and Monday, so if I appear, that’s fine, but otherwise… I’m making sure I’ve LOTS of that mutton to bury under in these here parts.

Mangas Cochise
    Forum Editor
    @mangascochise

New tavern up in the Americas.  I know I did not carry on the name from AW (as that was not my invention) but as I edit it, there will be a reference.

The new one is now up, needs more food and drink, (and pretti-ness) but it does have enough to keep most of us happy through the blizzard I’ll be experiencing Real Time tomorrow.

The Zapping Zapotec Bar, Tavern, and Grill…   Drop on by!

Meanwhile, while I am here.  More absinthe, as I really want to know if it will make my heart grow fonder.

Mangas Cochise
    Forum Editor
    @mangascochise

Thanks, Mogh!!!   Both for the beer/mutton, but mostly for the advice!  I have a couple busy days ahead, but I think Wednesday I’ll have something available to go forward with.

BTW, EDIT:  Mogh, so as not to overly clutter this pub, I sent you a private message.  At any rate, I’m always willing to try some absinthe for the hair of the hound effect.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

@mangascochise I am excited that you are building a venue!! Please create a city to place it in(forum) and dictate the “parent forum” in the right column of the editing screen. We (including you if you would like) will be creating regions based on the cultures & named thereafter with cities w/i. Your bar/tavern or whatever should be a topic within a city OR make it a forum that has various topics like “At the Bar” + “Dancefloor” (where you can embed videos & throw events, for example. Please let me know if I can help with how were are (currently) doing iit here. BTW, here is your Big Damn Beer & Roast Mutton my friend!

Mangas Cochise
    Forum Editor
    @mangascochise

I’m up for the Big Damned Beer and that Mutton Platter.  NEVER turn down mutton…

This place you’ve got here, Mogh, looks fun and cozy.

Meanwhile, I am beginning to work on a tavern over in the Americas, which will appear in the Meso region, to be named Playa del Pulque.  (P0ssibly, the name may change as this builds…)  But, due to the nature of my thirst, I’ll be visiting taverns left, right and all around the world.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

Several hours of work & I am done. Time for a Big Damned Beer.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

It feels stupid -to me- that we are in the same house right now messaging each other rather than talking to each other. Ha!
    *EDIT/UPDATE: We were LITERALLY in the same room shamelessly trying to generate content on the Daily Activity Board when we posted these last 2 replies.

Poh
    Forum Editor
    @pohjantahti

Thanks! How many sites have we had The BlueDragon over the years?

Please login logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

anachronous history forums EUROPE THE WESTERN ISLES Eire (Ireland) Laighin (Leinster) BlueDragon Inn & Tavern – Home of Mogh

Skip to toolbar