Membership Price Discussion

anachronous history forums MEMBER RESOURCES & ANNOUNCEMENTS Membership Price Discussion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Eyvisl Yngling .

• Creator
    Topic

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

Everyone here currently won’t pay ever. That being said, we will have to charge for membership once the site is ready. I say $5/yr. for being able to respond on the Forums as a “Citizen”; $10/yr. as a “Contributor” to allow Topic creation and a bit more. I’m considering making “Author” the highest membership level, all else is earned. Editor, Legate, Admin are all earned but not paid for. As for Deity? Best be like Corny was on AW for that. What are your thoughts on this?

forums + members + recent-activity

• Author
    Replies
    Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

Currently it costs nothing to host this site because it is currently a sub-domain on my site. Once I make anachronous a stand-alone site it’ll have to make about $12/mo. to cover hosting, yearly domain name, & increased bandwidth usage due to heightened activity on the site. So, my expenses are not a lot. This is where I ask your opinions for how we can set a VERY low price for new members. *No-one currently a member will ever have to pay to be a member.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @eyvisl

*I’m also Mogh Roith who started this discussion.
    What do you all think about just skipping paid memberships & just setting up a non-obligatory donate thingie? Once this makes $12/mo I can move my design site & make this Anachronous entirely. Be honest.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @brannigan

“Author” (current title) would allow a greater level of content generation & the low-level ability to crate the infrastructure for such. Would it be too much to ask $5/mo. for that? [READ MORE]

Please login logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

anachronous history forums MEMBER RESOURCES & ANNOUNCEMENTS Membership Price Discussion

Skip to toolbar