Membership Price Discussion

Anachronous History Forums MEMBER RESOURCES & ANNOUNCEMENTS Membership Price Discussion

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Eyvisl Yngling .

• Creator
    Topic

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @Brannigan

Everyone here currently won’t pay ever. That being said, we will have to charge for membership once the site is ready. I say $5/yr. for being able to respond on the Forums as a “Citizen”; $10/yr. as a “Contributor” to allow Topic creation and a bit more. I’m considering making “Author” the highest membership level, all else is earned. Editor, Legate, Admin are all earned but not paid for. As for Deity? Best be like Corny was on AW for that. What are your thoughts on this?

forums +
    members +
    recent-activity +
    donate

• Author
    Replies
    Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @Eyvisl
    Owner Regulator

Please read this. You do not have to pay to message (unlimited), you do not have to pay to start interactive RP’s (unlimited), you do not have to pay to have a message archive, nor are you limited in the # of messages you can send/receive per member level (unlimited), you do not have to pay to make member homes around AHF (unlimited), you do not have to pay for extra # of friends (unlimited), there is no max # of posts per member level (unlimited), you do not have to pay to have a member (image) signature below your posts (I’ll show you how), you do not have to pay to have a member banner on your profile. Enjoy!
    That being said, we would appreciate voluntary donations when you can. You can even donate 25 cents once, or monthly, your choice. You can set your price, even if it is a penny either one time only or monthly subscription… at your price. Thank you for being here folks, I am grateful to do this with all of you.
    Donate, if you can Zero judgement for those who cannot help out, at all.

Once we are getting around $15/month we will separate my business site from AHF! We are at $5.55/month so far, thanks @beric_debenkah

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @Eyvisl
    Owner Regulator

At the request of 2 members I have created a donation page. AHF donations page. Thanks to all of you for just being here. I will NEVER judge you for not donating, money does not grow on trees! The other main reason for creating this is so I can finally take AHF off of my site so that we can all just see AHF, not my business.

Leah-Enkidu
      Forum Moderator
      @leah_enkidu
      Founding MemberLeah

GREAT!

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @Eyvisl
    Owner Regulator

FINALLY some input on this topic!! Thank you @Leah_Enkidu
    So, I was thinking that it should -for starters- be non-obligational, voluntary. Until AHF is on it’s own hosting account and not a sub-domain on my website, it’ll be free. AHF will ALWAYS be less expensive than other sites. It’ll take time to get more members because AWers tend to think this site to be bad because it is so different. It has to be. A vast majority of AW/ASers are elderly so are disinclined to endure such changes. As for member recruitment, the reluctance of AW/ASers to deal with such a less grand and exapnsive site as AW was , for example, it’ll be hard to get more people. I am not Jot, I do not have the resources that he does for such. It will take all of us to get more people on here. For now, anyone getting in on this now will be members for life w/o ever spending a nickle.

Leah-Enkidu
    Forum Moderator
    @leah_enkidu
    Founding MemberLeah

I think the problem is going to be finding people interested enough to join.   Everyone seems to be into gaming or watching people gaming or doing the social scene OR doing a video  tour of their small apartment or bedroom and talking about EVERY LITTLE THING in it and where to buy it and the price.

I have no good ideas on solving this problem.  Leah just wants to  hit people with a stick and sit on them till they join.

Eyvisl Yngling
      Forum Editor
      @Eyvisl
      Owner Regulator

HAHAHAHA!!!

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @Eyvisl
    Owner Regulator

Currently it costs nothing to host this site because it is currently a sub-domain on my site. Once I make anachronous a stand-alone site it’ll have to make about $12/mo. to cover hosting, yearly domain name, & increased bandwidth usage due to heightened activity on the site. So, my expenses are not a lot. This is where I ask your opinions for how we can set a VERY low price for new members. *No-one currently a member will ever have to pay to be a member.

Eyvisl Yngling
    Forum Editor
    @Eyvisl
    Owner Regulator

*I’m also Mogh Roith who started this discussion.
    What do you all think about just skipping paid memberships & just setting up a non-obligatory donate thingie? Once this makes $12/mo I can move my design site & make this Anachronous entirely. Be honest.

Mogh Roith
    Forum Editor
    @Brannigan
    Site Owner

“Author” (current title) would allow a greater level of content generation & the low-level ability to crate the infrastructure for such. Would it be too much to ask $5/mo. for that? [READ MORE]

Please login logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Anachronous History Forums MEMBER RESOURCES & ANNOUNCEMENTS Membership Price Discussion