This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Eyvisl Yngling .
PLEASE consider adding your thoughts in the responses below.
*All members are responsible to be aware of any changes in what is written here as it will be updated occasionally in the future.
USER GUIDE & LEGAL CHARTER DRAFTS (on-going edits)
1. Your profile page is only to access functions (like messages, notifications, friends-list, et cetera) but also has a place to a link to a “home” somewhere in the Forums which admin (Eyvisl or Poh) will help you place & design.
2. Forum layout & content density @ different “levels” of navigation. Anachronous forums are an obvious arrangement of continents w/ each culture/empire represented within. The continents will have very little content, to pique your curiosity. 😉 After you click on the continent you will see the cultures/empires w/i & having a little bit more content/imagery. After you click on a culture/empire you will see regions/states/whatever w/i. These will have much more content/imagery as will the cities below this in navigation. The cities can be very elaborate & extra-rich in content.
3. No images (or files) are to be uploaded to the site, unless the main (top) image for a forum that is a location (continent, culture, country or city). Images & Videos must be “embedded” from a (free) image hosting site so as to avoid driving up the costs of membership by exceeding bandwidth limits. All images used on this site must be open-licensed (wikicommons, for example), owned by persons using them or are clearly sourced w/ credit to author & w/ link-back. *At the top of the Forums page is a link to contact admin (Eyvisl or Poh) to help with this.
4. All members must be kind & patient with one-another. No aggressive, racial, hostile, inflamatory, “flaming”, threatening behavior will be tolerated! Such actions will lead to permanent banning from Anachronous History Forums (aka “Site” or “Anachronous” in usage throughout this document). Interpretations & or the consequence of such behavior do not need to be explained by site admins, we have a right to refuse service like any community or business. Banned members are not entitled to refunds for previous membership fees or previous payments for anything, zero exceptions. If you experience any inapropriate behavior please contact admins (Eyvisl or Poh)!
5. When replying to any topic PLEASE only reply to the actual topic NOT one of the replies. This is important.
6. All members are encouraged to seriously geek out with the rest of us & play on the “boards” (forums).
7. Whenever lost, look up. Follow the breadcrumbs! RIGHT below the title of this topic (& every forum) is the breadcrumb link(s). For example, “ANACHRONOUS HISTORY FORUMS › AFRICA › KMT (Egypt)”. Click on any of the items in the breadcrumbs to go to that forum.
8. Notifications & Homepage link on Profile are very hard to read, just hover your cursor over them, they’ll light up better. Working on a fix, it’s different on a WordPress (CMS type) site.
The Anachronous History Forums (aka “Site”, “site”, “Anachronous” in this document) is intended to be a place for writers and role players online. Anachronous History Forums values all forms of creativity on the “Site” (Anachronous History Forums). However, this must be done without impeding the enjoyment of any other members of the Site.
You will not prevent or inhibit other users from using and/or enjoying the Site, its features or its services.
You will not post or transmit any threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable, off-topic or personally harmful information of any kind in any way shape or form.
You will not post any item(s) that is (are) in violation of another party’s copyright or any other intellectual property rights.
If you obtain permission from the owner of the material, you may post it with proper citations (author’s name, link to original source material if applicable).
If you are interested in sharing material from another party’s website, (depending on the owner’s rules), appropriate citations must be employed, and no more that a paragraph of the original source material is to be posted. You must include a link to the document, so interested readers may read the material in full at the site of origin. (This prevents stealing hits from that site.)
You will not promote illegal activities of any kind.
You will not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or for any other reason.
You will not promote violence or abuse of any kind.
You will adhere to the following rules regarding the use of copyrighted characters
You must include a disclaimer in the character’s home, indicating copyright/character ownership. (ie: BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and � DC Comics. TM and � Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.)
You must include a link to the owner’s official internet presence (if applicable) in the character’s home. (ie: Batman must have a link to DC Comics.)
When copyright/character owner differs from original creator, you must include credit to that creator as well. (ie: Batman must have a credit to Bob Kane.)
Artwork used in a character’s home or in posts must include similar citations, including owner/creator/artist of the work in question.
Novels, reference books, and lounges based on copyrighted characters and/or situations (fanfic, slash, etc.), must have the above elements included on the dust jacket. (Statement of character/concept ownership, statement of character/concept creators, appropriate credits for any artwork or excerpts.)
You understand that Anachronous History Forums (as referenced to in the use of “Site”) are private enterprises and that these rules can be updated at any time. It is your responsibility to stay cognizant of their contents. Once registered as a member of this site you give-up the right to sue or pursue any legal action against the site owner (Brannigan Draic) for anything occurs while you are on this site. See below for an expansion on this.
Anachronous History Forums provides this site and related services subject to compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below. Please read the following information carefully:
Copyright 2019 Brannigan Draic. All Rights Reserved.
All pages within this Internet site (“Site”) are the property of Anachronous History Forums (aka Anachronous). Permission (which may be revoked at any time) is granted to download the material in this Site without alterations and for private and non-commercial use only so long as the following copyright notice is included.
© 2019 Brannigan Draic.
THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LICENSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER, OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE, AND NOT BY ANACHRONOUS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR RELATED SERVICES WILL NOT BE FREE OF INTERRUPTIONS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ALL SITE-RELATED SERVICES.
NEITHER ANACHRONOUS, ITS STAFF (BRANNIGAN DRAIC), NOR ITS SPONSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO CEASE AND DESIST USING THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES OF THE SITE.
A possibility exists that information on the Site could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made by third parties to the Site. Although Anachronous will always attempt to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the Site and information and/or data on it, Anachronous makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform Anachronous so that it can be corrected in a timely fashion.
This Site may contain links to other websites which are operated by third parties via linking. You acknowledge that, when you click on a link to visit a site that is linked from Anachronous, a frame may appear that contains the Anachronous logo, advertisements and/or other content selected by Anachronous. You acknowledge that Anachronous and its sponsors neither endorse nor are affiliated with any linked site and are not responsible for any content that appears from the linked site. You also acknowledge that the owner of the Linked Site neither endorses nor is affiliated with Anachronous, its Owners and/or its Sponsors.
forums + members + recent-activity + register